Time, place, and beyond: bring your setting to life
Presenter: Cynthia Owens
April 15, 2023
(Free for General Members)
In Time, Place and Beyond: Bring Your Setting To Life, will examine various methods for plunging your reader into your setting and making it real.
We will cover:
- The Basics—Time, place and mood.
- World Buildings—Researching your setting.
- Make Your Setting a Character—Give your setting a unique personality.
- Storyboarding—It’s not just for plotting anymore!
- Those Who Forget the Past—The history of your setting.
- Geography 101—Your setting’s geography.
- Moody Blues—Creating your setting’s mood.
- It’s Tradition!—How tradition and folklore can reveal your setting.
- Bonus Lesson: Creating you fictional setting
Included in the workshop is a workbook with assignments, worksheets, and more.